NEVADA SPORTS BOOKS’ MOBILE WAGERING
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Nevada Sports Books is owned and operated by Gaughan South LLC dba South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa. Members of the Nevada Sports Books group are Cannery, Eastside Cannery, Rampart, South Point and Virgin River. Nevada Sports Books is pleased to offer our customers a new mobile wagering application called NV Sports.
- Nevada Sports Books Mobile wagers are accepted throughout the State of Nevada. Nevada law prohibits wagers originating from outside the State of Nevada. It is illegal to place a wager originating outside the State of Nevada using Nevada Sports Books Mobile Wagering. Placing a wager while outside of Nevada is a violation of Nevada law and may result in criminal prosecution of the account holder.
- Wagering accounts may be opened with an authorized Nevada Sports Books Mobile Wagering representative at participating properties: Cannery, Eastside Cannery, Rampart, South Point and Virgin River.
- To open a Nevada Sports Books Mobile Wagering account, customers must appear in person and complete and sign a wagering account application in front of a book line employee and supervisor. In addition, applicants must provide Nevada Sports Books with a valid driver’s license, state issued ID, or Passport and their social security card or complete an IRS form W-9 and provide the information required by and attest to statements required under NRS 463 et. seq. and NGC Regulation 22.140(7).
- All account applicants must be twenty-one (21) years or older.
- Upon opening an account, patron will be provided with an account number and password. It is the patron’s responsibility to maintain the secrecy of the account number and password. Passwords can only be changed in person at participating account wagering locations.
- All Nevada Sports Books Mobile Wagering account transactions, including deposits and withdrawals, must be made by the account holder(s) only. Agents or other representatives are not permitted. Wagering accounts may be used only by the person named on the application for such account. The initial deposit into a wagering account, as well as all withdrawals, must be made in person and signed and authorized by the account holder at a Nevada Sports Books during normal business hours. Subsequent deposits must be made in person as well. Deposits to and withdrawals from wagering accounts may be conducted at any participating Nevada Sports Books locations.
- A minimum deposit of $100 must be made to open a Nevada Sports Books Mobile Wagering account. A $50 minimum deposit is required to replenish a wagering account. All deposit must be made with cash. Deposits are not allowed on locked or closed accounts. No interest shall accrue on deposited funds.
- All applicable Gaughan South LLC dba Nevada Sports Books House Rules apply to Nevada Sports Books Mobile Wagering accounts.
- A Nevada Sports Books Mobile wager will not be accepted if the total value of the wager exceeds the wagering account’s balance.
- Nevada Sports Books Mobile wagers are subject to established wagering limits. For example, the minimum wager is $2.00.
- Nevada Sports Books Mobile accepts wagers from 8am-8pm. Hours may vary due to seasonal sporting activity, location or a decision by management.
- Account wager amounts are not applied to player tracking points.
- Winnings are taxed in accordance with IRS requirements. Account wagering winning IRS tickets will not be posted to the account until verification of all information and proper signatures are obtained.
- Upon reasonable request, Nevada Sports Books will provide patrons a statement of account showing each wagering account deposit, each wagering account withdrawal, each credit to a wagering account, and each debit to the wagering account made during the time period reported by the account statement. Patrons may dispute any transaction according to Nevada Gaming Commission Regulation 7A or Title 41 of NRS 463.361-463.366, as applicable.
- When placing a wager the account holder must provide his/her account number and password for verification purposes. All wagers must be verified to the account holder at the time the wager is placed for confirmation by the account holder to constitute action and will be final and binding. If an event is locked out during a transaction, there will be no wager. Wagers cannot be cancelled after the wager is completed. All odds are subject to change and Nevada Sports Books reserves the right to refuse any wager or delete or limit any selection(s) prior to the acceptance of the wagers. You acknowledge that a wager placed using Nevada Sports Books Mobile Wagering is binding on you and Nevada Sports Books only when the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Wagering system displays: “Your bet has been placed ‘Ticket Id’ is your confirmation” on your mobile device. Payments on winning wagers will be posted to the account holder’s wagering account as soon as reasonably practicable after the event is declared official. Winnings are taxed in accordance with IRS requirements. Any single wager paying 300 times the amount wagered and at least $600 is taxable income. A W-2G may be mailed from the South Point to the account holder for the account holder’s signature after the wager is deemed a winner. If this is the case, then the account holder must mail the W-2G back to the South Point before the account holder’s winnings will be released. If any winnings minus the amount wagered exceed $5,000 federal taxes are withheld and the balance deposited to the account holder’s account. W-2G information will be reported to the IRS as required.
- Patron’s account is subject to Nevada Gaming Regulation 22.140(9) and will only be active for wagering for a one-year-period after the account is opened unless patron:(a) places an account wager at least once every year; or (b) renews the account for an additional one-year period and appears in person to sign a renewal form.
- A customer may close their Nevada Sports Books mobile wagering account with an authorized Nevada Sports Books Mobile Wagering representative at participating properties: Cannery, Eastside Cannery, Rampart, South Point and Virgin River.
- Nevada Sports Books shall keep confidential, except from the Patron, the Nevada Gaming Control Board, or as otherwise required by applicable federal, state, or other law
- a.The amount of money credited to, debited from, or present in any particular patron’s wagering account;
- b.The amount of money wagered by a particular Patron on any event;
- c. The identities of particular entries on which a patron is wagering or has wagered; and
- e.Unless otherwise authorized by a Patron, the name, address, and other information in the possession of Nevada Sports Books that would identify the Patron to anyone other than the Nevada Sports Books, Nevada Gaming Control Board, or as otherwise required by applicable federal, state, or other law.
- Nevada Sports Books, in its sole discretion, has the right to:
- a.Refuse the establishment or maintenance of accounts for what it deems good and sufficient reason;
- b.Refuse deposits to accounts;
- c.Refuse to accept all or part of any wager for what it deems good and sufficient reason;
- d.Declare the account wagering system closed for receiving any or all wagers;
- e.Suspend or close any account at any time, provided, however, that when an account is closed, Nevada Sports Books shall, within five (5) business days, return the balance of the wagering account at the time of said action, subject to compliance with Nevada Gaming Regulations, Nevada Sports Books house rules, and federal and state laws and regulations, by sending a check to the patron’s address of record.
- f. Close any wagering account when an account holder tries to operate with an insufficient balance or when the account is dormant for an unacceptably long period of time, as determined by Nevada Sports Books in its sole discretion. In either case, Nevada Sports Books shall refund the balance of the wagering account, subject to compliance with Nevada Gaming Commission regulations, Nevada Sports Book’s house rules, and federal or state law.
CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND, UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THIS PAGE IS ONLY A SUMMARY OF THE RULES AND TERMS AND THE CUSTOMER IS BOUND BY THE COMPLETE RULES AND TERMS WHICH ARE AVAILABLE ON THE NEVADA SPORTS BOOKS’ WEBSITE (www.nvsportsbooks.com.) FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL 702-797-8127
NEVADA SPORTS BOOKS’ MOBILE WAGERING
TERMS OF SERVICE
Attention: Legal Department/Copyright Notice
9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89183or:Phone: 702 797-8127
Fax: 702 797-835124. INTERSTATE NATURE OF COMMUNICATIONS ON NETWORKWhen you enroll with us, you acknowledge that in using our Services to send electronic communications (including but not limited to email), you will be causing communications to be sent through our computer networks, to portions of which are located in Nevada, and other locations in the United States and portions of which may located abroad. As a result, and also as a result of our network’s architecture and business practices and the nature of electronic communications, even communications that seem to be intrastate in nature can result in the transmission of interstate communications regardless of where you are physically located at the time of transmission. Accordingly, by agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that use of the service results in interstate data transmissions.25. SUBMITTING IDEAS, OR INNOVATIONS TO NEVADA SPORTS BOOKSBy submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, proposals, products and/or technologies (“Ideas” or “Innovations”) to us through email or any suggestion or feedback links or mail, you acknowledge and agree that: (i) your Ideas and/or Innovations do not contain confidential or proprietary information, (ii) we are not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Ideas and Innovations, (iii) we shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Ideas and Innovations for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide, (iv) we may have something similar to the Ideas and Innovations already under consideration or in development, (v) your Ideas and Innovations which are not subject to a patent, automatically become our property without any obligation to you, and (vi) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from us, under any circumstances.26. GENERAL INFORMATION•Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Venue; Waiver of Jury Trial; Statute of Limitations. This Agreement and any action arising from or relating to its subject matter, whether at law or at equity for contracts or for torts, shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada without reference to conflicts of laws. The parties submit to personal jurisdiction in Nevada and venue in Clark County. Any action shall be pursued in the Eighth Judicial District Court, and THE PARTIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE TO WAIVE THEIR RIGHTS TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND TO INSTEAD PROCEED BY AND WITH A TRIAL ADJUDICATED BY A JUDGE AS THE SOLE FACT FINDER AND ARBITER OF LIABILITY. The parties agree that this Agreement excludes the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, if otherwise applicable. Additionally, you agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or relating to this Agreement and the use of the Nevada Sports Books Materials must be commenced within one (1) year after such claim or cause arose or you waive such claim or cause of action.•Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.•Waiver. A provision of this Agreement may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the party entitled to the benefit of such provision. The failure of any party at any time to require performance of any provision of this Agreement shall in no manner affect such party’s right at a later time to enforce the same. A waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions of this Agreement.•Electronic Access, Electronic Notices, Electronic Signature. At the time you signed up for a Nevada Sports Book mobile sports wagering account you agreed to comply with all account terms and conditions posted at www.nvsportsbooks.com. In addition, BY CLICKING ON THE “I AGREE” BUTTON YOU CONSENT TO US PROVIDING THE AGREEMENT IN ELECTRONIC FORM. YOUR AGREEMENT AND THE INTENT TO BE BOUND BY AN ELECTRONIC AGREEMENT APPLIES TO ALL RECORDS RELATING TO ALL TRANSACTIONS TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, AMENDMENTS AND NOTICES. To access and retain this electronic Agreement and use our Website and your remote wagering account, if any, you must have access to the World Wide Web either directly (via computer and modem) or through devices that access the web-based content and pay any applicable fees. You may save this Agreement in non-electronic form into any word processing program or print it. You have the right to receive this Agreement provided to you in electronic form. If you withdraw your consent and/or request a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, send such request to Legal Department, South Point Hotel and Casino, 9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada 89183.•Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction.•Survival. All options, rights, and covenants contained herein that are intended to survive will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement. Any provisions concerning the limitations of liability, disclaimers, and indemnification contained herein will survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.•Headings. The heading references herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of this Agreement and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.•No Liability Against Suppliers, Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors; Third Party Beneficiaries. You acknowledge and agree that (i) this Agreement is between you and us, and not your wireless carrier or wireless device manufacturer (“Suppliers”) or the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors and their subsidiaries, (ii) we, (and not the Suppliers or the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors), are solely responsible for the Nevada Sports Books Materials, including the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App, (iii) the Suppliers and Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors have no responsibility whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Nevada Sports Books Materials, including the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App (as stated in Section 29), (iv) to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Suppliers and the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Nevada Sports Books Materials including the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App, (v) the Suppliers and Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors are not responsible for any claims (including, product liability claims, any claims that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, or arising under consumer protection or similar legislation) that you or third-parties have arising out of your use of the Nevada Sports Books Materials, including the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App, (vi) the Suppliers and Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors will have no responsibility whatsoever for the investigation, defense, settlement or discharge of any third-party claim that the Nevada Sports Books Materials infringe on a third party’s intellectual property rights and (vii) the Suppliers and Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors and their subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and, upon your acceptance of this Agreement, the Suppliers and Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third party beneficiary.•Commercial Items. The Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App and related documentation are “Commercial Items,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.•Entire Agreement. This Agreement, as it may be amended from time to time, including any documents referred to herein, constitutes the entire and exclusive statement of Agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter, superseding any and all previous proposals, representations or statements, oral or written. In entering into this Agreement, neither party has relied upon any statement, representation, warranty, nor agreement of the other party except for those expressly contained in this Agreement. Any representations, warranties, or promises alleged between the parties pertaining to the subject matter of this Agreement that differ in any way from this Agreement’s provisions are of no effect. The provisions of this Agreement may not be explained, supplemented or qualified through evidence of trade usage or a prior course of dealings. There are no conditions precedents to the effectiveness of this Agreement other than those expressly stated in this Agreement.27. WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE AWARE OF A VIOLATIONYou agree that if you witness or become aware of any user activity that violates the Terms of Service, and/or Rules then in effect, you shall as soon as practicable report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your email, but we appreciate your assistance in bringing it to our attention.28. NOTIFY US OF ACTS CONTRARY TO THIS AGREEMENTIf you believe that you are entitled or obligated to act contrary to this Agreement or any mandatory laws, you agree to provide us with detailed thirty (30) days prior written notice before you act contrary to this Agreement, to allow us to assess whether we may, at our sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation.29. MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT FOR THE NEVADA SPORTS BOOKS APPWe are solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services for the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App, as specified in this Agreement in Section 26 or as required under applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App Distributors have no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services for the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App. If you have any questions, complaints, or claims, with respect to the Nevada Sports Books Mobile Sports App or require assistance please contact us.30. CONTACTING USYou may contact us by email at email@example.com or at the following address: Legal Department, Gaughan South LLC, 9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada 89183. You may also call 702 797-8127.31. PROBLEM GAMBLINGWe encourage responsible gaming by educating employees and by making problem gambling information available to our customers at our race and sports book counters. If you suspect you or someone you know may be experiencing some of the warning signs of problem gambling please visit the Nevada Council on Problem Gambling at www.nevadacouncil.org or call the Problem Gamblers HelpLine at 1.800.522.4700 for confidential information and assistance.IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT CLICK THE “I AGREE” BUTTON AND DO NOT CONTINUE TO DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR OTHERWISE USE THE NEVADA SPORTS BOOKS MOBILE SPORTS APP OR OUR SERVICES.